There are a range of capital taxes which can impact both you and your business when transferring wealth from one generation to the next.
Our services include:
- Advice on asset/cash extraction from family companies.
- Advice re the controlling of the transfer of wealth to the next generation.
- Advice on the restructuring of family businesses.
- Advice on the structuring of wills with a view to minimising inheritance tax.
- Advice on the many exemptions and reliefs available in relation to capital taxes.
- Tax compliance for capital taxes.
- Capital Acquisitions Tax (CAT)
It is not uncommon for people to pay larger amounts of CAT than necessary. Expert advice can often mean that these bills are reduced. It is vital that in order to avail of any available reliefs or exemptions, professional advice is sought in advance i.e. prior to gifting assets or at the time of writing a will.
Capital Gains Tax (CGT)
If you decide to sell or gift anything of value you could be liable to CGT. You are obliged to inform the Revenue Commissioners of your disposal and failure to do so could give rise to penalties. There are various reliefs and exemptions available and expert advice should be sought before selling or gifting any asset.
For further information on our Succession Planning Services or to arrange a consultation please fill in our contact form.
Or you can call us on (01) 661 9086 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org